Regional exports wheat

Regional demand for wheat from Uruguay is high. Adverse climatic conditions in Paraguay (frost and too much rainfall) have led to 60% loss of wheat harvest in this country and therefore a shortage in supplies. For that reason grain traders from Paraguay have bought large quantities of wheat in Uruguay. Economic reasons have also led to a shortage of wheat in Argentina. However the Argentine administration has not allowed the imports of wheat from Uruguay. 80% of winter crops planted this year in Uruguay is wheat and the remaining 20% is barley.