Last week a report was published by the Ministry of Agriculture with offical data regarding rental prices of farmland in the first half of 2018. These data are based on 1.088 registered rental contracts.
Average rental prices per activity are as follows:
- row cropping – 237 USD per hectare
- rice – 132 USD per hectare
- cattle – 70 USD per hectare
- forestry – 167 USD per hectare
- dairy – 142 USD per hectare
Regional distribution shows that average rental prices are the highest in Colonia (214 USD per hectare), Soriano (203) and Canelones (200) and the lowest in Treinta y Tres (65), Artigas (69) and Rivera (69).